Not so sure if it's just me,
or if this is reality.
The days of fun, full of glee,
you live them now so cynically.
Make long days short with carefree grace
and permanent smiles would paint my face.
There were the days you once would chase
so we'd never have to leave this place.
Small-talk lines, no comfortable flow,
still hiding sides we used to show,
you're shining smile used to glow,
but now I just don't know...
The time we had, what did it do,
it took the spirit out of you,
from what I know, I see right through,
I'm hoping none of this is true.
or if this is reality.
The days of fun, full of glee,
you live them now so cynically.
Make long days short with carefree grace
and permanent smiles would paint my face.
There were the days you once would chase
so we'd never have to leave this place.
Small-talk lines, no comfortable flow,
still hiding sides we used to show,
you're shining smile used to glow,
but now I just don't know...
The time we had, what did it do,
it took the spirit out of you,
from what I know, I see right through,
I'm hoping none of this is true.

No comments:
Post a Comment