11.23.2012

track record

The rebellion hunt, it reminds me you're here.
The unwanted words you spoke are so clear.
Break away, and push me aside,
Don't let me forget, you're still alive.

I get it, I got it. I know for a fact,
the world doesn't stop at your fingers' snap.
I'll carry on as if you never were,
but you'll slink your way back in, I'm sure.

Cut me out, I am no more,
this complicated battle is now a war,
I see you here, I know you're fine,
so let me live this life of mine.

I don't care, this isn't the time.
this isn't what I had in mind.
You said it's done, and that's a fact,
so I'll proceed to live this 'act'




and you can forget about our record of track,
this is it and you can't take it back.






3 comments:

  1. But be it a play of triumph or tragedy?
    Classic romance?
    Black veiled comedy?

    Only one 'act' in;
    What's to come is a mystery.

    /

    War of attrition.
    One battle down.
    Who walks away with an open heart;

    Walks away with the Crown.

    :)

    R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my 'Secret Santa' present this year I think I'll buy a small leather bound diary and fill the pages with quotes. Motivating and inspiring quotes. And personal messages, perhaps even pictures.

    It will be like a guide for that person's year, as each day passes, and it will remind them that they should always have a dream and to fight for that dream like it is part of their very soul.

    I don't know who will get it. It doesn't matter.

    Because how incredible would it be to receive something like that? Something so personal and special and thought-out. Something worth so little money but hold so much value. That someone has spent time to create just for you.

    And imagine having absolutely no idea who it was from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it feels like my life is just a series of stupid decisions, emotions and situations. Sometimes its hard to tell which factor preceeds the other. More often then not it doesn't matter - if it leads to a stupid outcome.

    There is a fine line between an adventure and a regret. Just the same as there is a fine line sometimes between doing what we want, and doing what's right.

    I think only experience can teach us to detect which is which. We need to know ourselves.

    One decision at a time.

    ReplyDelete