Autumn is here, finally.. sadly though, without much warning. Summer had barely come and go, but now the leaves are turning nice colours and well, things are starting to look up a little.
I've been trying to do things that I want to do more.. I'm seeing friends, doing my work, fixing up my room, and even throwing in some fun stuff.
This past week I went to a photographer's meetup in Toronto at Younge and Dundas square, where I met some awesome people. I went Lauren and Sabrina, a few friends of mine.. and we met lotsa awesome photographers. I won't name them, for reasons that I don't want to be blamed for missing some or feel bad for forgetting your name. HA! We went for dinner, chatted and whatnot, and made some friends. It was pretty cold out, so by the time we all went outside to shoot we had decided ehhhh maybe next time. And with that, we went our separate ways. Pretty sweet, none the less. Can't wait to go again
Friday, Lauren and I went apple picking, and it was hellaaaaaa fun! It was a great day, the sun was out and shining and we genuinely just had a really great time together :] thanks for your awesome company lauren, we'll do it again!
I had a 14 hour wedding to shoot with Artage on Saturday in Toronto which was also pretty rad.. got lots of photos AND learned the wonders of what is a seafood buffet (mwaaahahaha). Steve and I pigged out on crab legs/claws at the end of the night (with the help of his trusty shoe to smash the tough shells open). With my sporadic "Julia Roberts in Pretty Women" (as steve said) screams and fumbles as my grip on sleek crab legs let loose resulting in crap flying across the table, I'd say it was a pretty eventful night. Topping it off with great portugese desserts and dancing (and the occasional [yet multiple] awkward confrontations of a determined single drunk guy), it was nice to have the last wedding of the season end well.
I'm stuck doing tons of homework (what else is new?!) and I'm cramming for a midterm tomorrow. guuuuuuh! hahaha ahhh well. but HEY! Here are some photos from apple-picking goodness to tie ya over for the meantime :)
BANG!









...the smiles returning to their faces. (yours)
ReplyDeleteBy the way...
ReplyDeletethe shots are brilliant!
I'm glad things are starting to look up for you. :) Let's hope that trend continues!
ReplyDeletethanks dad :]
ReplyDeleteChrista; we'll keep our fingers crossed!
Single drunk guy? The same one I guess! hehe see why I don't drink (one I don't like it, and two it make people look like a-holes hehehe)
ReplyDeleteOn the pictures... I love the first two, mainly cause even though the model is there, she gets lost in the images, the main focus is the things around her. In the first one, she gets lost in the crops, and the crops become the main subject. The second one, I feel the same, I feel the groceries are the main subject.
Anyways... in all... I love all of them! :)
Numbers...
ReplyDelete3..4..6..7..9.
These are the great photos.
Nice shots Kara, the apple picking autumn days are great arn't they.
ReplyDelete4 & 6 really stand out, great work. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete