10.23.2012

write a thought

write a little,
write a lot.
just somewhere to write a thought.

fish in the sea,
birds in the sky,
never find it when you try.

stop for a second,
take a breath, deep.
find a man you wish to keep.

when all is over,
something will start.
find a man to steal your heart.

simple words,
shit-eater smirk,
distracting through a day of work.

heart will race,
constant glee,
what will come next?


I guess we'll see.

6 comments:

  1. Funny how often we can start out writing on a certain train of thought, and the more intensely you focus on it, the more it starts to twist and swirl and morph, like a kind of fog, into something else entirely from where we set out.

    Sometimes it's something quite unexpected. Or quite exciting. Or quite revealing. And sometimes it just needs to be chased with a stiff drink.

    Whatever it results in, it reveals things about ourselves we could never dream to understand otherwise, and it's a beautiful thing.

    R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rey;

    I always look forward to reading your comments... you have a deep and intriguing mind that I feel is often on queue with my thoughts and writings.

    your words are truly appreciated, all the time. and I thank you for having such insightful and touching responses to my little ramblings;scribblings;explosive moments of fluid writing.

    from nothing to something; from word vomit to poetry --lyrical banter, if you will--; from confusion to revelation; this is where life lives.

    insert life ; press play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regan; not 'Rey'

    Play; amen :)

    R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha my apologies, I tend to nickname a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, I see, you were pronouncing it wrong; It's a long 'e' as in 'Reeegan'.

    In which case we can go with 'Regs' :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will call you Rey.

    lol no I won't. I'll call you Regs :) thanks for the clarification.

    ReplyDelete