7.05.2013

seriously warned.

The foreign exchange of words to my left, the stifled breathing of a deep sleeper on my right. Blurred murmurs absorbed in between the walls, leaving only the deep timber of consanents to be heard.

Tiled floors and alabaster walls, stained with sickness. Padded chairs with dark spots trick you into believing they are damp, only adding to the ironic disgust and internal shudder of having to sit in them.

If I didn't have anything when I got here, I sure as hell do now.

The smell of cleanliness makes me feel dirty and sick. I suddenly need a shower. The wet heat from outside has gathered here, on the second floor, where, apparently, air conditioning doesn't exist. The hoody I wear is making me feel flush, and I can feel my heart beating in my head. I could take it off to prevent heat-stroke of some kind, but I fear if I touch anything in here with my bare skin I'm sure to contract something.

A girl walks in wearing tiedye pants. No kidding. Although, they appear to be more of a loose skirt, with one stitch going right up the middle to create separate funnels for the legs. She sits on one of the deceivingly moist chairs, and takes of her flip flops.

Takes off her flip flops.

And puts her feet on the chair.


I gagged a little, while my shifty eyes scan the waiting room for purel. Not for her, for me.

The sleeping beauty next to me loses the weight of her head on her limp shoulders and collapses onto me. Within seconds, is up, apologizing, and just as quickly, sleeping again.

Purel.... Purel....


I want to smash the tv. Terribly kerned promotional  marketing ads for this house of the eternally ill circulate on neon backgrounds with bright red fonts... Purple palettes with confused font selections in neon green and burgundy. All of which are accompanied by the stock clip art available to you all on the ever advancing and designer go-to developing program, Microsoft word.

"Yah, but at least they didn't use the terrible header text effects right?"

Wrong.


'Want a blood test? Just....... WALK IN!'
'If you have a cough, just..... WALK IN!!'
'Need a prescription renewal? Just.... WALK IN!!!'
'Sick of sitting in waiting rooms and you're ready to step into a firey lake of electric eels and anglerfish? Just...... WALK IN!!'


Why do people where sunglasses in here? You're fooling no one. We know you're sleeping. Take a note from my sleeping sista to my right here.


She's woken up in a fury. Her and I were here way before half of these people who are getting in way before us... Interesting. After furiously scolding one of the nurses in terribly broken English, she took her Jamaican attitude and stormed off. Go fight those bitches!

Oh she's back asking me to go with her.


No thanks I'll let you handle it. Power to the people et cetera et cetera.

She's off again.

Oh and back. Now she's bitching at me in Jamaican. Smile and nod.
"Pink pants," i respond, "you don't say?"
(What??)

Her once calm and stifled sleeping breath is now an angry deep huff. Out of breath partially due to her sudden outrage, the other from walking four feet to the secretary and back.

Poor fat Jamaican friend. I feel ya.


The chick in the stupid pants is laughing at her phone. Shut up. I hate her because of her pants and her natural happiness.

Stupid happy hippies.


"I am gong to be back tomorrow and when I see her I'm going to give her a very serious warning. Serious warning!! Very serious warning"

The sleeper is talking again, about the girl in the pink pants that dropped off the medical charts and fucked up the system order.

"She is going to get such a serious warning... She can't do that. She screwed everything up. I will give her a serious warning"

I mess with her a bit...

"A what warning?"

"A VERY serious waning"


Go get'em tiger.

1 comment:

  1. "I hate her because of her pants and her natural happiness" hahaha gold

    ReplyDelete