6.08.2009

Carson told me

David Carson once said, "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does.", and lately, it really has been about the music.


My dad and I went to Luminato on Saturday -- a week long event (or maybe even more.. can't remember) spotlighting the arts and creativity. Saturday was the day over 1600 people showed up in Yonge and Dundas square, Toronto, to consecutively play Neil Young's /Helpless/. The goal was to beat the world record, currently held by Germany (with 1803 individuals on guitars playing Smoke on the Water), but alas, we came about 200 people short :(
which was sad. but hey! what the hell.. it was a lot of fun, AND we made a new Canadian record!


yayyyyy Cananananadaaaa!


(prior to my shout of encouragement, I felt a little like I was writing an essay.)


So anyway, we /my dad and I/ took a lot of photos! So I'll sh
are some of the better ones with yous!

There is pretty much nothing too important or new happening. I'm still job hunting (pout) and slowly but surely getting my way around it. I contacted a few photography agencies today, mostly specializing in Wedding photography, to see if they needed any assistants or anything. So far, I've gotten one, rather positive, response. So I'm meeting up with the owners tomorrow and we'll discuss stuff further. So I suppose I'll uh. let you know what happens with that ;)


OH speaking of weddings.. I not only went to my FIRST one a few weekends ago, BUT I've a
lso (90% sure) landed a wedding gig in August!! :D Which totally excites me... yes yes! Sadly, I only have one lens and stuff to use. so I'm gonna have to rent others (bleh). hint hint mom and dad; 10-22mm wide angle lens *coughcoughBIRTHDAYcoughcough* hehehehhehehehe. obviously, I don't expect to get that. HA!

Hmm what else what else. I've signed up to be a volunteer at a local children's visual arts camp!! :
D Yes, i'm THAT cool. I thought it'd be fun =) But again, it's volunteer... so no money. soooo.. pointless, really. I'm doing it to keep me busy until I actually find a job that pays.

I just had my first class of the summer (Type Design). Its okay.

I need a new sketchbook. OH maybe you guys can help. I always like to have interesting sketchbooks with neat covers or something. You know, unique stuff, that a lot of people haven't seen before. I got a lot of compliments on my last few, which had just neat pictures or graphics on the front covers. Preferably, no rings.. (because it temps to rip stuff out haha!). But if you know of anywhere (online perhaps, or stores) that I can get some sweeeeeeet lookin' ones, lemme know!

:D

THAT IS THAT


and now, for photo madness! a-la luminatoooo guitar shindig;

ps; hope you're happy dad!! :
P <3>

2 comments:

  1. The guitar jam session sounds awesome! I was in that area on Saturday and totally didn't know. But, then again, I failed at learning how to play the guitar, so yeah haha.

    Good luck with your job search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A special thanks to my daughter for wanting to take her old man to stuff like this. I love that we have so much in common.

    She makes me *very* happy. Always has.

    ReplyDelete