How to begin, how to begin...with a ticked off picture of darren, seems kinda fun. =)
<3
Financial stress aside, this is, so far, a fantastic summer :) After months of attempting to get a job, I landed one with two amazing photographers from Aim2Please photography (aim2please.ca) I couldn't be much happier! Aside from their immense talent, they're really just kind-hearted, happy people! Which of course, is always the best kind to surround yourself with! I have a feeling I'll be learning a whooollee lot from them!
Aside from the obvious fact that it's an honour to be working with such skilled photographers, I'm excited to get some practice in before I get to shoot a wedding in August I was hired for!!! I've learned a lot from just one wedding session from them, so I can only imagine what else there is to know. I like learning. 8-)
I had a terrible dream that I was shooting this wedding though, and I only had one camera, and I left my other lens at home... and the one I was using came apart in the front so I couldn't shoot.. and I screwed up the whole wedding! DISASTERRR! My dreams are generally pretty vivid and realistic, so I woke up a bit in a panic. HAHA! But now, hopefully, I'll remember to come prepared :P
On a much sadder, (in the sense of 'pathetic') note, I crawled back to covers and got my part time job back there. haha! ah well, it's not for long.. They're pretty flexible with my schedule because I've been there for so long, and since I don't need training and whatnot, I guess they can't really afford to lose me. I walked in and my manager said 'I was going to call you to ask if you could come work here again, for a bit, to save my ass...'
so i said 'wellllllllllll i guess, since you need me soo bad.'
actually, I said, 'I was going to ask if I could work here again, for a bit, to save my ass...'
it was a match made in heaven.
* * * *
My birthday is this sunday!! *dances* And I'm having a party for the first time since I turned 15! so I'm pretty happy =) The weather has been gorgeeey so hopefully it'll maintain that until friday *knocks on wood*.
OH!!
after the long awaiting of buying myself my 10-22mm lens, I finally got it! :D Except, I didn't buy it.. my good ol' dad did =) because he's the best, and I love him. mais oui! Thank you :)
So I've been experimenting with it, playing around and all that jazz! I took some photos at his pool of my little brother, Darren. It's so neat having such a different perspective when shooting -- something I gotta get used to!
I realize this blog post blows.. I'm rushed to get a lotttttt done today, plus I have homework from summer school (bleh.) I just felt like I needed to somewhat update you on my life a bit! So here it is! I'll hopefully update again early next week by the latest! But I'm having a really busy weekend, so we'll see.
i need a website, ps.
to post my photos. because, my gosh, i have a hell of a lot.


Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteOn the job and the lens, of course ;-)
Fathers tend to buy stuff for their children so they can play with it themselves, so hide it carefully :-P
The colors look amazing!
Sky, trees, pool, brother, all of it.
Did you shoot HDR or is this straight off the camera?
Good luck with everything and I can't wait to see what else you got.
P.S. You can now upload entire batches to deviantArt, that might help =)
I am so jealous of your job at the photography place, must be a dream come true. I had a look at their website and they're really good, so try and soak up as much info as you can!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the lens! I'm saving up for a flash and a lens but I my budget doesn't see it working out this summer...especially with the tuition raise.
I feel bad for not being able to make your party, I was trying to work out a way that I'd be able to come friday night but I'm too far away and can't stay overnight :( I know it'll be a good one though!
Nice photos kara :)
do you have a mom?
ReplyDeletere: Anonymous
ReplyDeleteYeah, she does...
& she's quite a milf ;)
Thank God you got a job! My boat is still in the water looking! :(
ReplyDeletehehe well if you do get a site, tell me how, because I'm thinking of making one too haha to post my work and pictures as well haha and maybe have a professional portfolio hehe dA is becoming a site of thieves lately so, non of the good stuff is going there!