sometimes, it's just easier to admit defeat."love, reign on me,
love, rain on me."
love, stay with me,
love, play with me.
solemn cries in minor keys,
strokes of chords put fears at ease.
yet simple change is such a tease,
chord progressions made to please.
a simple lick you know by heart,
that 'one, two - strum' is audible art.
but sometimes it is hard to start
when your hollow love and you depart.
her heartstrings give in, her voice out of key,
its been so long since she's heard melody.
you tune her gently, don't snap the E
your comforting strum is your apology.
Townshend warned of reigning love
Lennon imagines the sky above
Tyler screams of dreaming of
and last of all there's me.
note after note, a melodic chase,
change the strum to pick up the pace
slide up the neck with steady grace
and finish with a rock-star face.

Your love for music and your guitar is one that no one will be able to break!
ReplyDeleteGreat set of words, to describe such strong feelings!
They bought and sold you...
ReplyDeleteThis is a leap of faith for you.
I like that.
Sometimes you just have to jump and believe the net will appear.
DaP: thank you man, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
ReplyDeletedad;
I hope your long wait was worth it. I enjoyed being able to write something down.
Beautiful. :)
ReplyDeleteawesome :)
ReplyDeleteIf anyone is allowed to write their own ballad to the guitar, it's you.
I can see the love & passion in your eyes when you play. It's even more evident when the particular guitar holds memories--
these words certainly come from the heart.
I would suggest one small change:
ReplyDelete...chord progressions…
made to please?
like a breeze?
all in series?
sway like trees?
eat wheaties?
something...
you curved out the sharp edge in my flow =)
ReplyDeletethanks for your input! =) changed it
so pretty kara
ReplyDelete