7.16.2012

birthday bang

A clash of glass and a booming table top. An entire room comes to a whispered halt. I look around to see what everyone else is looking at, only half of them were doing the same thing. A shocked and mean-girl smile sneaks up to the corners of her lips and her face stands still in disbelief. Her friend, totally embarrassed, and she, loving every minute of the humility.

ohhh my god, look what you did!

I know that face well. I'll admit I giggled a bit, knowing deep inside I'm committing treason to a girl now who was me only a few years ago. The more I think about it, the more I want to laugh at her. Not because whatever happened was funny, but because for once I'm on the other side of this. Interesting.

The embarrassment.

It's probably a good thing I can only see the back of her head.

After all, her friend's expression says it all.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant snapshot.

    My absolute all time favorite piece of yours is still 'For No One' though. Probably because I can relate to my own night like that.

    Don't forget to be young :)

    ReplyDelete