7.23.2012

you wish you were a poet


you dont need to be a poet,
to tell me how you feel.
just say the words you want to say,
and keep them honest and real.

i'm no poet, 
i'm nothing of the sort,
i write out the thoughts that float in my head,
and try to keep it short. 

its stupid i know, but call it release;
i'll write when i cry, when I'm happy,
I write when I'm at ease.

a million things i could say to you,
a hundred reasons to smile or cry,
writing says what physically I can not,
even when I try.

so please bear with me
because sometimes I just can't talk.
when i'm cornered in fear,
my mouth just locks.

I want to say sorry,
i want to be fine,
but its not that easy for me,
and sometimes I just need time.

when i hurt you, i hurt me,
(i blame this stupid empathy)


i love you more than you think i do,
i love you intensely, i know it.
i can tell you in a thousand ways,
and i'm not even a poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment