3.06.2009

The revealing

dun dun dunnn excited?! are ya?! she's DONE! she's FINISHED!! The board is complete! Ta daa!! All I have to do now is varnish it, and send it off! Hopefully the client is happy with it, there's a lot of heart put into it =)
God I loved doing this... i miss being able to do stuff like this!

So basically, the client requested gold accents, and after talking to Ryan about it, we decided that gold paint in the flames with concentrated areas of glitter that sort of exploded outward onto the red would be a good idea. It doesn't take too much away from the girl, but is a nice accent, me thinks! I didn't want to put a lot of jewelery on her, because again, I didn't want to take away from the girl herself, and plus, she has the ring as requested, which was a nice touch =)

Hmm what else what elseee. I think that's about it! I hope you guys like it =) and i'm always open to commissions! ;) mwahahahaha.

ps; i gotta get me one of these longboards.. they're hella cool!


10 comments:

  1. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

    THANKS A BILLION PINUP MASTER

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waist is too thick... ;-)

    dun dun dunnn NOT finished... Goddamnit, put your signature on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn that's sexy! amazing work Kara, simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on, "Waist is too thick", that was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful Honey, nice work. Now post the pin up girl you did for me, just for comments. Actually, post it on DA. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome!!
    she's definitely the center of attention, the flames do stick out, but not too much.
    great job :D
    you should draw more jaysus ;]

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is absolutely stunning.

    I'm so jealous of your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two things to watch for.

    Depending on the compatibility of the paint to the varnish, the act of painting on varnish can re-wet the paint and make it smear. Second, you need about about 15 coats of clear. After the 5th coat, very, very light sand with superfine paper. Add another 5 coats, wet sand for smooth finish, 5 more, wet sand, buff, done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing, the highlights in her hair look so good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So awesome. How much would you charge for like a tshirt or something like the ones on facebook?

    ReplyDelete