
... and by things i mean signs.
those /signs/ we everywhere.
not bees.
there were no bees.
it's winter.
So Jared and I went on a little excursion in Toronto. The goal: find brickworks.. annddd we did! After, albeit, a lot of driving around and getting lost, but we found it. We had to climb down these muddy, icey cliffs.. but it was totally worth it! For those of us who are unfamiliar with Brickworks, it's basically a run-down old abandoned factory in Toronto. Pretty sure they're trying to build it up again (so I've been told). It's been treated like an open canvas for, i suppose, local grafitti artists. The whole place is gated up and all of the doors were boarded or welded shut. We wanted to go inside, but for a number of reasons, pussied out. (haha naww we just decided another time would be better.)
a) LIVE BEES!!! (not. it's winter)
b) It's winter... haha we were cold :P
c) we'd have to climb the fences with our equipment, andddd none of us were wearing shoes that would enable us to do so.
d) there is talk about having to be prepared to run if you're caught by security; yet another reason why we thought it'd be better to come in the spring when it's dry and warm enough to run around.
e) the sun wasn't out, making it not nearly as interesting as it could be. There are huge holes and such in the ceilings and walls, so when you're inside the rays of light shoot in. It's actually really cool. haha! Well, anyway, for not being able to get on the inside, it was fun.
We took a few photos (really, not a lot), but I thought I'd post some here! I was kind of aiming to capture more of the texture and colour of the area. For such a dull day it was kinda cool to see how I could over expose the snow and sky to bring out the paint!
yaaa me! *rolls eyes*




Gee, wonder what Dad's blog says...
ReplyDeletewow, that's really cool :D
ReplyDeleteawesome shots btw ;]
you should post some of the pics on dA.
i bet people would love to see them ^-^
Your dad's blog compliments this one so well! If you read one, you need to read both hahahah, nice shots kara. we have to go shooting again.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! :) I've enjoyed following your blog so far; you've got a really interesting perspective on everything - exemplified in both your thoughts and your photographs.
ReplyDeleteNice job of the pictures. I've always like pictures of old run down places, so many ways you can photograph them and they have so much to say.
ReplyDelete